Spring Garden Road Streetscape Project
Spring Garden Road is slated for a streetscaping project in the future. More information to come soon.
Below is an update from Southwest Properties on the development project taking place on South Park Street and Sackville Street.
Construction continues at the corner of South Park and Sackville on Southwest’s mixed-use development, which will include PAVILION condominiums, the YMCA Centre of Community and a residential rental complex.
Completion anticipated for 2019.
Doyle Street and Spring Garden
Construction is happening at Westwood's "The Doyle": south side of Doyle Street, Brunswick Street, Spring Garden Road and Queen Street. The sidewalks along Doyle Street and Spring Garden Road are closed; however, temporary sidewalks are open. Westwood Construction endeavors to ensure the utmost in public safety and construction mitigation through this period of construction. This new development, when completed, will add many great public benefits to the Spring Garden area completion.
Westwood has committed to the following public enhancements:
- Underground the overhead utility lines along Doyle Street
- Add new street lighting along Doyle Street
- Plant new trees on all four streets abutting the development
- All new sidewalks and increasing the existing width by 50%
- Adding hourly public parking within the new development
The Development itself will feature the following:
- Seven storey mixed use development
- Three levels of underground parking – 210 parking spaces
- 35,000 + square feet of retail and office space
- Rooftop restaurant
- 100 + residential suites
Completion anticipated Spring 2018.
Spring Garden West
Spring Garden West is located on the south side of the western end of Spring Garden Road. It will be a mixed use residential development that desires to be an important contribution to the city’s urban fabric and a driving force for the rejuvenation of the Spring Garden district. The application has been submitted to the city.
- 250 rental apartments (1-3 bedroom)
- 100,000 square feet of commercial and office space.
- 350 parking space plus indoor bike parking
If approval is granted in 2017, construction would likely begin sometime in 2018. Estimated time of completion would be 2020. Visit livewellonsgw.com for more information.