SGABA Survey Results
Thank you to everyone who responded to our membership and Shopping Under the Stars surveys. A summary report of the results is available for your review.
Member to Member Promotions
YKN Sunglasses & Eyeglasses, 1551 South Park Street Suite E
Offers a discount of 15% to all Spring Garden area businesses and their employees. This can apply to sunglasses, eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses.
Pete's Fine Foods, 1515 Dresden Row
Extends a special offer to all Spring Garden Area Business Association Members. With our exciting new catering menu we are happy to offer 10% off your first order* (up to maximum $100 discount). Please note that you are a SGABA member when placing your order.
* All orders must be placed a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Member discount available at both our Halifax and Bedford location. This is a one-time limited offer.
Duly Noted Stationary, 1459 Brenton Street
Offers a 10% discount to Spring Garden area employees.
The Lord Nelson Hotel, 1515 South Park Street
Pleased to offer the following special rates to Spring Garden Area Members:
- January 1 – April 30, 2017 Classic Guest Room $119.00* Executive Club Service Room $149.00*
- May 1 – October 31, 2017 Classic Guest Room $159.00* Executive Club Service Room $189.00*
- November 1 – December 30, 2017 Classic Guest Room $125.00* Executive Club Service Room $155.00*
In a Box, 1468 Dresden Row
Offers tax free to all Spring Garden area businesses and their employees.
Primal Kitchen, 1463 Brenton Street
- 15% lunch discount for management & staff of businesses in the Spring Garden Road Area, Monday to Saturday 11:30am to 4pm
- Happy Hour: 4-6pm Monday to Saturday; 16oz NS Craft Beer On Tap for $5
Offers a 10% discount for all services including office technical support, website/system development, print and design and marketing & promotion.
Spring Garden Members Advertising
The Spring Garden Area Business Association is pleased to partner with Metro Guide Publishing and Halifax Magazine to offer our members a CO-OP opportunity. This initiative is available to all members at five different times: May 2016, July 2016, September 2016, November 2016 and March 2017. Please view the one sheet for additional information.
Spring Garden Information Sessions
On March 9th. Jacob Ritchie, a senior planner from HRM, joined us to discuss the planning process in Halifax, what polices are in place and what new polices are being worked on, current and future development projects in the area, an update on construction mitigation guidelines as well as Spring Garden Road in future plans. Here is his full PowerPoint presentation.
Schmidtville Heritage Conservation District
Looking for information on Schmidtville? Visit http://shapeyourcityhalifax.ca/schmidtville